Monday, March 22, 2010

Childhood Revisited: Blanket Fort Edition


One of the best things about being a parent is getting to re-live favorite moments of my childhood with my children.  I remember growing up with my 4 sisters and making blanket forts in our living room.  We would gather every last blanket in the house and attempt to make the biggest and best clubhouse around.  We used couches, chairs, the TV, books and anything else we could think of to keep it up.  Then we would BEG our mom to let us sleep in it for the night.  I know that she probably cringed every time thinking that it wasn't sturdy, that it made a mess or that we would never sleep in there.  But, I remember her always saying yes.

My boys love to make blanket forts and clubhouses.  Following in my mom's example, I always try to say yes too.

Some of the esteemed clubhouse members

Andrew is loving every minute. 
So am I.

No comments:

Post a Comment